A range of beneficial, interesting and fun programs is available for individuals or groups. These programs would typically be tailor-made to suit individual or group and requirements as opposed to being off-the-shelf packages.
As may be expected these programs are in line with the services offered by ATCS and as such are related to making better use of the resources of the human mind.
The programs are designed so that attendees learn real skills and techniques that will enhance not only their work performance, but impact on their overall lives.
My experience has been that when this is the case the training content tends to be actually used and applied. Because the material has both a professional and personal application, it becomes integrated into daily use.
As a general rule the courses are more practically orientated then theoretically orientated. What this means is that actual working techniques are interwoven with principles that can be easily applied. As an example, in the Memory Improvement module, each attendee would be able to memorise and repeat a list of 25 words effortlessly within about an hour.
Typical of the courses that have been developed would be:
- Body Language: understanding and applying this knowledge is a powerful way to improve communications at all levels of an organisation. Such skills can be applied to such diverse areas as Conflict Management to Sales.
- Memory Improvement: up to quite recently it was thought that our memories were like a huge filing cabinet that everything was stored in. Latest scanning techniques have shown that in reality our memories are more like a process then a storage system. Our minds “recreate” memories, rather like a collage, from many different experiences and then present the final memory to our consciousness. It is very possible to utilise this process to greatly improve your memory. It is also known now that stress plays a huge role in the memory process so this would also be addressed as part of a program
- Thinking Patterns: knowing how to maximise thinking resources can change the way that challenges in work and life are approached and managed. It is only through the latest scanning technology that a real understanding of how the brain actually operates is becoming clear, and such knowledge is offering new ways to maximise thinking potential
- Goals: setting and achieving goals in a fun and systematic manner is a fundamental element of success. Indeed, many authors on the topic would suggest that it is the most important element! And yet if you asked 10 people for their top 5 goals and their plan to achieve them it is highly unlikely they could provide clear information. This module shows people how to set and achieve goals in a clear and easy way
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): the scope of NLP, and its application, has grown into an enormous subject matter. NLP is used in every imaginable field from Psychotherapy to Entertainment. NLP is the study of how humans interpret and process sensory data from their environment, and how they subsequently react to it. Even a rudimentary knowledge of NLP can help a person enormously.
- Language Patterns: understanding and applying the effect that words can have when used in a conscious way should be a fundamental skill for all people. Every word we speak starts off as a thought, but most of these thoughts are unconscious. Learning to understand and apply language in a conscious manner will have a massive impact on the effect of communications at all levels and in all roles
- Motivation: it is only over the past few years that real understanding about what truly motivates human has began to emerge. It is now being scientifically studied as a separate part of human behaviour with renewed interest, and some startling results. An understanding of this is of immense value to anyone.
The above are a sample of the types of modules that are developed and presented. Any combination of these can be linked together to form a program to suit your company or individual needs.
Each of the above would typically be a one-day course.